Monday, February 22, 2010

+++ Steps to Effective Prayer! +++


 
 
 
1. Believe -
 
James 1:6-7 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; NIV
James 5:15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. NIV
Matt 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." NIV
Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. NIV
Phil 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. NIV
John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. NIV
 
2. Love –
Matt 22:37-39 Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' NIV
Phil 1:9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight. NIV
 
3. Ask for God’s will –
Matt 26:39 "Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." NIV
1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. NIV
 
4. Pray daily –
Col 4:2Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. NIV
Phil 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. NIV
Rom 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. NIV
Acts 1:14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. NIV
2 Tim 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. NIV
Luke 18:1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. NIV

5. Be Thankful –

 

Col 3:15-16 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. NIV
Col 4:2-3 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. NIV
Heb 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe NIV
Col 2:6-7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. NIV
 
6. Share your burdens with fellow believers –
 
 James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. NIV
 
7. Reflect Jesus in your character. Put away any secret sin through the power of the Holy Spirit –
 
Phil 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. NIV
2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you-- unless, of course, you fail the test? NIV
2 Chr 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. NIV
I Jn 2:15-17 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world-- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does-- comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. NIV
Isa 55:6-7 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. NIV
Matt 6:14-15 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. NIV
Eph 4:26-32 "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. NIV
Heb 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." NIV
 
8. Don’t be filled with anger –
 
1 Tim 2:8 I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing. NIV
Eph 4:26-27 "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. NIV
Eph 4:31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. NIV
 
9. Believe in the power of forgiveness
 
I Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. NIV

10. Forgive those who have hurt you

 

Matt 6:12 Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. NIV
Matt 6:14-15 Or if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. NIV
Matt 18:35 "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart." NIV
Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." NIV
Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. NIV
Col 3:13-14 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. NIV
 
11. Read your Bible
 
Ps 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. NIV
Job 23:12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread. NIV
Jer 15:16 When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. NIV
Matt 6:33-34 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. NIV
John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. NIV
 
12. Remember that no matter what Jesus loves you!
 
Matt 28:20 "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." NIV

Jeberson Manuel.S
+91 9677733555

No comments:

Post a Comment